- 08-Mar-2017 to 07-May-2017 (EST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- 12.00 + Differentials for 2nd and 3rd Shift
- Full Time or Part Time
Norwood Crossing is a nonprofit healthcare organization specializing in quality senior care. Our facility is located on the northwest side of Chicago in the quaint neighborhood of Norwood Park. Our organization is seeking full-time and part-time certified nursing assistants to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will pride themselves on displaying professionalism, providing top notch care, and having the enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
Assists nursing personnel in provision of basic care for Residents and necessary unit tasks and functions in compliance with Norwood Crossing policies, procedures, and applicable health care standards of IDPH.
- Must have valid Certified Nursing Assistant Certification and CPR Certification for the state of Illinois.
- Preferred candidate lives within 20 miles of the facility.
- Ability to make independent decisions and judgements while adhering to policies and procedures
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, regulatory agency personnel and the general public
- Must be able to work every other weekend
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screening, and back evaluation
- Anticipate and perform all care for Residents in accordance with their individualized Plan of Care
- Engage in positive interactions with Residents, staff, visitors and family members
- Prioritize patients in an organized manner to ensure their personal care needs are met at all times.
- Perform all ADL responsibilities for Residents as required while supporting and assisting Residents in providing self-care
- Report all changes in the Resident's condition to your supervisor as soon as possible (example reddened skin)
- Report all accidents, abuse and incidents you observe immediately
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures and Resident's care plan as instructed by your supervisors (Baths BM records I&O Meal % - toilet Residents turn Residents)
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of Residents
- Develop and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, respect and positive emphasis, as well as a caring atmosphere throughout the unit and shift within interactions with Residents, staff and family.
- Provides general comfort measures to patients including, but not limited to; positioning, turning, back rubs, linen change, sitting, and walking.
- Care for patients in a manner that demonstrates understanding of their cognitive, physical, emotional, and age specific needs
- Medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverages for full time employees. 401k plan
- Flexible spending account
- Credit union membership
- Annual wellness screening & flu vaccine
- Tuition reimbursement ($2000.00) for full time employees after one year
- Free parking
- Free Meal per shift
- Adjacent public transit systems include: Metra, CTA Blue Line, Bus.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!