- 24-Mar-2017 to 23-May-2017 (EST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Norwood Crossing is a nonprofit healthcare organization specializing in quality senior care. Our facility is located on the northwest side of Chicago in the quaint neighborhood of Norwood Park. Our ideal candidate will pride themselves on displaying professionalism, providing top notch care, and having the enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
The Director of Memory Support/Assisted Living is responsible for the coordination of specialized dementia programming including activity focused program development and implementation, staff training, admissions, marketing, and census development, and family support in accordance with applicable governmental and organizational standards and as indicated by the specialized dementia program's mission statement.The Director of Memory Support /Assisted Living will provide leadership in positioning the specialized dementia program as a resource within the facility and surrounding communities for persons with dementia and their families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish, direct and review applicable written policies and procedures that support the specialized dementia program's mission statement.
- Assure that all personnel, resident, families, visitors and attending physicians follow established policies and procedures.
- Recruit, screen, train, reward and retain program personnel within the community by working with the Human Resources Department and in cooperation with appropriate department heads.
- Be available to train all new facility employees concerning support of resident with dementia's needs for safety and appropriate Caregiving and intervention techniques.
- Facilitate Dementia Committee meeting(s), at least semi-annually, and family educational forums.
- Provide facility-wide education in-services on Alzheimer's disease and related dementias and the specialized dementia program for staff, families and residents.
- As part of the Admissions and Marketing process, provide consultation and resource information for persons requesting information about dementia.
- Provide/facilitate educational programs for external community organizations, professional organizations and related health care persons, schools, etc.
- Meet with families and social service representatives during inquiries about the specialized dementia community.
- Provide home or hospital assessments for person considering admission and/or prior to admission to the specialized dementia community as requested. Review the assessment with appropriate staff and give recommendations prior to admission.
- Assist with monthly marketing timely talks and open houses on-site.
- Ensure all Assisted Living residents' needs are met.
- Hold quarterly Assisted Living Forum meetings with residents.
- Create, review and update resident service plans and direct service plan meetings with the interdisciplinary team
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Ability to pass the pre-employment and annual physical examinations.
- Ability (after a training period) to demonstrate proper use of supplies and office equipment.
- Ability to perform extended periods of repetitive motions / data entry.
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership, supervisory and personnel principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the appropriate rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write, communicate in, and understand acceptable business English.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a college degree with documented course work in dementia care, plus one year of experience working with persons with dementia; or at least two years of management experience with persons with dementia.
- Must complete 6 hours of annual continuing education regarding dementia care.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!