- 24-Mar-2017 to 23-May-2017 (EST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Part Time
The Weekend RN must work seven out of every eight weekends. The weekend as defined by Norwood Crossing is working both Saturday and Sunday. This position is also required to work one winter holiday and one summer holiday. The Weekend RN can pick up days during the week but no more than two shifts. Shift length on Saturday and Sunday is flexible upon applicant; however, this is a 1st shift position. Length of shift can be flexible and may vary depending on applicant/business needs. Based on applicant preference and business needs, 7.5 - 12 hour shifts may be given.
Weekend RN's are offered an accelerated rate of $40.00 per hour
- Observes and practices all safety standards and protocols as set forth by facility and departmental policy and procedure, manufacturers, and/or safety committee as appropriate.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Transcribe physician's orders to resident charts, cardex, medication cards, treatment/care plans, as required.
- Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the Physician's Order Form when indicated.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with current Illinois License.
- Ideal candidate lives in within 15 miles of 6016 N. Nina Ave (60631)
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions and to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to deal tactfully with superiors, subordinates, other facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be in good general physical and emotional health.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to pass the pre-employment and annual physical examinations.
- Ability (after a training period) to demonstrate proper use of supplies and medical equipment.
Norwood Crossing offers:
401k plan, flexible spending account, credit union membership, annual wellness screening, flu vaccines.
Free parking. Free Meal on shift.
Close public transit, Metra, Blue Line, Busses
Sign Up For Job Alerts!