- 10-Apr-2017 to 09-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time or Part Time
Generous Benefits Package
Norwood Crossing is a nonprofit healthcare organization specializing in quality senior care. Our facility is located on the northwest side of Chicago in the quaint neighborhood of Norwood Park. Our organization is seeking full-time and part-time nurses to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will pride themselves on displaying professionalism, providing top notch care, and having the enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
Provide quality care and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills; including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all staff and Residents. Employing the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking, and resourcefulness when resolving Resident care issues. Assisting all nursing personnel in provision of care for Residents and necessary unit tasks and functions in compliance with Norwood Crossing policies, procedures, and applicable health care standards of IDPH.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with current Illinois License.
- Preferred candidate lives in within 15 miles of facility.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be an analytical thinker whom can make accurate clinical judgments at a moment's notice.
- Ability to make independent judgments, follow directives and receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to deal tactfully with superiors, subordinates, other facility personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be in good physical and emotional health.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to pass the pre-employment, drug testing, and back evaluation processes
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate use of supplies and medical equipment.
- Observes and practices all safety standards and protocols as set forth by facility and departmental policy and procedure, manufacturers, and/or safety committee as appropriate.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Admit, transfer and discharge Residents as required.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Transcribe physician's orders to resident charts, cardex, medication cards, treatment/care plans, as required.
- Receive telephone orders from physicians and record on the Physician's Order Form when indicated.
- Medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage available for full time employees.
- 401k plan,
- Flexible spending account,
- Credit union membership,
- Annual wellness screening & flu vaccines.
- Tuition reimbursement ($2000.00) for full time employees after one year
- Free parking. Free Meal on shift.
- Close public transit, Metra, Blue Line, Bus Systems
Sign Up For Job Alerts!