- 17-Apr-2017 to 16-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Human Resources
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Norwood Crossing's Human Resources Manager will be an experienced HR management professional, providing strategic vision and leadership to processes across the range of HR service areas: recruitment and selection, onboarding, employee relations, retention, compensation, benefits, performance management, and training and professional development. The individual will also manage, and develop HR staff. The Human Resources Manager reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops HR strategies by identifying and researching HR issues; contributes information, analyses, and recommendations to organizational strategic thinking; establishes human resources policies in line with organizational objectives, culture, and desired work environment.
- Establishes departmental goals/accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, employee benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employee relations and retention.
- Communicates and leads HR change initiatives throughout the organization.
- Ensures compliance with legal requirements and company policies related to general employment practices, policies, compensation, benefits, sourcing, and employee relations.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook; communicates personnel policy changes and ensures the proper compliance is followed.
- Drives the recruiting effort for all exempt and non-exempt positions, develops strong relationships with people; effectively influences job candidates at all levels.
- Provides performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions); works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, and improve retention.
- Resolves complex employee relations issues toward positive outcomes; conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations relating to discrimination, harassment, wage and hour laws, or unfair treatment; prepares written responses and guides department leaders and management through the documentation process.
- Oversees the development and delivery of training and development programs including new hire orientation and onboarding; ensures and maintains succession plans for key personnel.
- Ensures accuracy, integrity, and maintenance of personnel files, paper and electronic.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years' experience in human resources with at least one (1) years in health care or senior services preferred.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, communication and planning.
- Team building, mediation, and conflict resolution skills that enhance morale and help resolve ongoing organizational issues.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!