- 19-Apr-2017 to 18-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Housekeeping / Enviromental Services
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Norwood Crossing is a nonprofit healthcare organization specializing in quality senior care. Our facility is located on the northwest side of Chicago in the quaint neighborhood of Norwood Park. Our organization is seeking a full-time janitor to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will pride themselves on displaying professionalism, providing top notch care, and having the enthusiasm and willingness to learn. The shift is from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm and every other weekend is required.
- Understands and is invested in the mission of Norwood Crossing and our dedication to our residents.
- This understanding is reflected and exhibited consistently through a customer service approach to the execution of all duties, responsibilities and interactions at the workplace.
- Must performs cleaning functions in areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods: including but not limited to dusting, trash collection, surface cleaning, bathroom sanitizing, and spot cleaning of walls and windows as directed or needed.
- Replenish room supplies (toilet paper, soap, etc.)
- Assists in cleaning of emergency spills as observed or requested.
- Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness and have repairs made when needed.
- Observes and report the need to repair equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
- Must observe and practice all safety standards and protocols as set forth by manufacturers, the department(s), Safety committee, and the facility as appropriate.
- Performs any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Know and perform all stages of linen processing (i.e. weighing soiled linen, ability to load and unload machinery, washing and drying procedures, sorting, folding and delivery of clean linen or personal clothing.)
- Clean interiors and exteriors of laundry machinery, i.e. filters and vents and keep work space clean and tidy.
- Report any mechanical problems to supervisor or manager
- Report completion of laundry carts (includes pickup and delivery)
- Label all personal laundry or linen, pick-up and delivery personal laundry
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Ability to pass the preliminary employment and annual physical examinations.
- Ability (after training period) to demonstrate proper use of chemicals, supplies, and equipment.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 80 lbs for the entire duration of a shift.
*Norwood Crossing provides a competitive benefit package for all full time employee's.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!